Wednesday, February 2, 2005

The Tipping Point

When the "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make Big Difference" by Malcolm Gladwell was promoted as a bestseller last year, I didn't pay much attention to it. A reference to it somewhere got me curious enough to buy it now. Discovering these quick-to-catch words like this "tipping point" which communicate certain characteristics of a new awareness in the public mind gives me a real optimistic feeling about social change. This particular new catch word is applied by Malcolm to marketing and has emerged out of that field of "scientific" thought on Complexity that any regular reader of my blog knows I'm fascinated with. Malcom's more recent book "Blink" also is a nice catch word, but browsing through the new book, I think "Tipping Point" was more well-written, with a clearer message.

No comments: