Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finding a new focus

So it was tough leaving friends, community and associates in TO, but life's got to go on, some things we cannot change once we've chosen it. Now I've got to transpose stuff I've learnt in TO to DF! So where do I start?...The internet!

Volunteer experience enriched my life up North, so why not down south here as well? Happy clicking away and yippee, I found some interesting festivals coming up shortly here. (What good timing!)

FICCO (Festival Internacional de Cine Contemporáneo) is hosted by Cinemex from February 19 to March 2, 2008. This is their 5th festival.

I'd like to go to Guadalajara International Film Festival but I think it's about the same time, so maybe not this year.

Then there's also Guanajuato's "Expresión en Corto International Film Festival" , but it's pretty likely that I'd be mostly involved with Ambulante, the Travelling Documentary Film Festival which will start from Mexico City on February 1st and moving to other cities in Mexico, including, Morelia, León, Tijuana, Ciudad Juárez, Guadalajara, San Luís Potosí, Metepec, Cuernavaca, Puebla, Monterrey, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Xalapa, Mérida, Cancún y Oaxaca.

Don't forget to say hello if you run into me, ;)

No comments: